Selected by Fortune 10 company
A Tailored, Evolvable Software Platform for Enterprise Logistics
Implemented with white glove service
Our Logistics Software Is Trusted Globally
Differentiate through technology with your tailored TMS
Delivering The Entire Supply Chain on a Single Database
Freight Forwarding Software
Manage import and export shipments via ocean, air or road for any commodity. Includes a web portal and robust integrations.
Trucking Software (TMS)
Manage LTL and FTL shipping operations. Includes a customer web portal, a driver mobile app, and a warehouse/yard/gate scanner app.
3PL Warehouse Software (WMS)
Manage multiple warehouses providing transload, storage, and distribution services for many clients. Includes a web portal & scanner app.
Yard Software (YMS)
Manage yards and all trailers, containers, chassis, doors, equipment, drivers, workers, return day & more. Includes a web portal and scanner app.
A Modular Logistics Software Platform
Addressing the unique challenges of large logistics service providers
Click a box
Twenty years ago our startup dedicated investment into formal market research to advance our understanding of the needs of logistics service providers (LSP’s). We surveyed many different companies to better understand their priorities for business process automation. We discovered 3 key opportunities for innovation.
- Users complained about user interfaces with too many tiles, tabs and windows and not enough information. Rather than having to open many different pages to get information, users wanted to see all the information they needed on as few screens as possible. They didn't want to waste time navigating many tabs into the software to get the information and then have to navigate all the way back out to input it.
- Users, IT and Management complained about not being able to easily and affordably customize their solution. Users had constructive feedback to give IT about improvements that would make operations more efficient. However, IT and Management had difficulty getting feature requests prioritized by software vendors or incurred obscene costs for customizations that might not integrate with future software updates. These limitations on the logistics software transferred to customers who then experience limitations in their capacity to evolve and continuously improve their logistics operations.
- Users, IT and Management complained that existing software for logistics offered incomplete functionality. LSPs who provided multimodal services spanning some combination of trucking, warehousing, air and/or ocean were sometimes needing to use 3-4 different logistics operations software solutions in order to completely meet their needs. This resulted in difficult and costly to maintain systems with overly complex integration maintenance needs. Modular, adaptable supply chain software solutions offering comprehensive functionality was not available in the market.
Recognizing in 1999 that globalization was transforming the market, Silver Bullet took a strategic functional approach to software design.
- To address the first core complaint from users about having to navigate too many tiles, tabs and windows in order to access information, we developed a very rich user interface. This interface presents users with all the information they need on just a few screens and makes all of these screens quickly accessible and easy to navigate.
- To address the second core complaint from users, IT and Management about existing systems being too difficult and costly to customize, we decided to design our software framework to be as flexible as possible. This allows our customers to quickly implement customizations that remain compatible with future software updates from Silver Bullet. This means customers can continuously improve their Silver Bullet solution over time while maintaining simplicity in their tech ecosystem. We also implemented a white glove customer service model where feature requests from our customers are prioritized and delivered via a standard hourly rate. We even developed training for customer IT teams in the event that they would like to learn how to make these customizations self-sufficiently in-house. All of these initiative provide our clients with great flexibility to evolve their operations and software together.
- To address the third core complaint from users, IT and Management about having to use multiple systems, Silver Bullet began with forwarding and gradually built out software solutions for 3PL, warehouse, trucking/drayage, CES and yard management. Today, our customers are able to right size their logistics systems using only the functionality they require. This allows companies to reduce the number of software vendors they contract with, the number of integrations they must maintain and the total cost of their technology solutions.
A Complete Logistics Solution
Configure your system for today, expand tomorrow
Our logistics software modules automate business operations for each link in the supply chain. Separating our software into modules representing distinct logistics operations allows systems to be right sized for customers. Additionally, offering value added modules allows for even greater automation and efficiency. For example, management of transaction volume is enhanced with optional rate management automation supporting vendor, customer and carrier per diem terms. Visibility is web enabled across the stages of a shipment. All modules are supported with best in class BI, event management and document imaging applications. All financial activity is generated in real time by shipment detail entry which is mapped to designated GL account codes. Silver Bullet Technologies supports all Tier 1 ERP’s with a specialization in Microsoft Dynamics products. Code is written in C++ and the stack runs on MSFT SQL Server.
The Silver Bullet Technologies Approach
Request a demo
Discover how much more you can achieve with an award-winning, modular and customizable solution. One of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Why do Silver Bullet Clients Thrive?
Click a box
When a logistics software solution provider turns off their phones and totally “automates” support is that a good thing?
At Silver Bullet Technologies, when you need support, you talk to a developer that can directly address your needs. Since 1999 we have distinguished ourselves with superior support for our modules. Microsoft recognized our company for Extraordinary Competence supporting the rollout of our logistics management software for a forwarder.
When you want help, you can pick up the phone and speak directly with one of the team members that implemented your software. Based in the US, our team members understand your software, your industry, AND your business.
Support begins when you pick up the phone and call, not weeks later. Whether you need to diagnose and resolve a problem, make a customization, or add a module to respond to a new business opportunity, our staff is committed to helping your business succeed.
If you're using logistics ERP software that assumes your enterprise is the same as everyone else's, what happens to your unique business process? How does a competitive enterprise fit what makes them unique into a 'one size fits all' logistics software solution? If a new business opportunity arises with unique customer requirements, is a commoditized software vendor that offers one solution to thousands of clients (big and small) prepared to dedicate resources to understand your precise requirements in detail and deliver the custom solution you need?
In Silver Bullet Technologies software for logistics, customizability has been a key software design priority since our conception. We understand that your customers have specific and unique requirements based on commodity, business process, workflow, region, compliance, and many other factors. We've designed our logistics software accordingly. No two clients run the same instance of Silver Bullet's software. Every deployment is unique and configured to the specific needs of each customer. As your business grows and changes, future customizations are easy to implement. Clients can make those customizations in house, or rely on us to expeditiously adapt their logistics management system to their needs.
When software becomes the primary platform in an industry for executing nearly every business function, including operations, customer service, sales, accounting, analysis, and reporting, the companies with the best software tend to succeed. Technology has transformed the logistics industry. Companies with better logistics software are better serving customers, operating more efficiently, adapting more quickly to change, and making better business decisions. In logistics, your software can and should be a high performing asset, not a commoditized rent expense.
Companies that rent their logistics management software from 'one size fits all' software vendors pay perpetual usage fees. They are missing the valuable opportunity to distinguish themselves, and enjoy the financial returns and business growth that a high performing logistics system has to offer. They also miss the opportunity to own and therefore refine their system over time into the unique and profitable asset that it can be in the 21st century.
Companies that continue to see software as just an expense and use generic systems may fail to compete with companies that invest proactively in their solutions. Those companies will always be limited by the quality of their SAAS solution. Alternatively, when you own your logistics management system, every year your software can become a stronger asset for your business as you grow and refine your solution. What can that mean for your business in 3, 5, and 10 years?
The companies that are investing in software today are the companies that will be leading the industry tomorrow.
The Silver Bullet Technologies logistics software suite can integrate with any Tier 1 ERP. As a Gold Certified Microsoft Partner, our integration with Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions is especially robust. No matter which ERP solution you choose, we understand that shipments and events need to be automatically integrated with financial operations. This allows companies to reduce month end closing cycles, eliminate redundant data entry and reduce errors in financial reporting. It also allows for greater oversight and management capabilities. Having this efficiency and financial control empowers management to make more informed and clear business decisions and operate more profitably.
When cargo moves through the supply chain, companies are often forced to string together multiple software solutions to manage these different shipment operations. This can lead to complexity, inefficiency, and error in business process and data management.
All of our logistics software modules operate on a single database. When using multiple modules, clients never lose sight of a shipment and always have complete visibility into their operations. That means having uniform system information populating shipper, shipment, carrier, consignee and vendor files across any business activity.
Silver Bullet Technologies was designed to offer companies the capability to not only grow vertically, but horizontally as well. Our modules comprehensively automate the supply chain by organizing it into distinct, carefully defined segments. When a company uses one of our modules, they can easily add another to take advantage of a new customer request or business opportunity. This flexibility has empowered our clients to easily grow their business without having to worry about whether their software can keep up.
For example, we recently enabled a client to double their revenue by adding a new line of business with a quick reconfiguration of their Silver Bullet Technologies software platform. Their import module was adapted to handle in-land port functionality to accommodate a new temperature controlled opportunity. Without the flexibility of our logistics system this would not have happened.
Our business is to help logistics companies keep up with the business of their customers.
"When you work like everybody, you're nobody"...
When you use the same logistics software as your competition in a software-powered industry, how much room is left to stand out?
Silver Bullet adopted a client/server model when it recognized that generic business processes would not be enough for the most effective companies in the industry. Every company has unique requirements for forms, views, reports, documentation, and workflow. Instead of designing a system that the average LSP would have to adopt their business process to, Silver Bullet designed a system that the leading LSP could customize and refine to enhance and leverage their unique, differentiating business process.
As a result, LSPs using Silver Bullet Technologies operate extremely efficiently and enjoy the most satisfied customers. They use software that allows them to distinguish themselves in a competitive landscape where other providers are using generic, cookie-cutter software solutions and are thus failing to stand out. The dramatic competitive edge our logistics management software provides our users explains why we have had customers request exclusive rights to our solutions in their region.
Our logistics software is designed to integrate with your existing applications
Below is a list of some of the different entities we can integrate with. Our software has a robust integration platform allowing integrations with almost any software application. Advanced automation requires data exchange and integration in every step of work flow. Silver Bullet Technologies transportation logistics software is designed for easy data integrations with your business partners. This adds efficiency, accountability and insight into your operations allowing you to do what matters most – serve your customers better while operating more profitably.
Recent News & Events
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date with Silver Bullet's exciting developments in logistics software and to learn more about our solutions...